BCT - Basic Combat Training

Everyone fears it, but not everyone has to go through it. So I leave July 13th for Ft Benning Georgia. My emotions are running all over the place

I am not happy because: I have a little summer, leave my best friends I have, I'll be pushed harder than I ever had, July in the south is not fun at all, I will miss my church community, I will miss the summer nights, the bonfires...

I am happy because: Im on a new chapter of life, Im testing my faith, Im pushing my body physically and emotionally to make me a better person, I get to play with Guns, I get to travel, I get to experience things not many people will, I'll get an amazing oppertunity to serve, I'll make amazing new friends, I get to put on the uniform I've always admired.

Either way I am leaving In July and I am enjoying every last moment I get to spend with my friends. Until then I'm going to have a blast! The summer has been great so far! Stick around for more posts until July 13, 2009.

One Love,
PVT Flora

1 comments:

Tina said...

Evan,
I am so proud of you! You are in for some amazing experiences and I can't wait to see where God takes you in this amazing journey. You are truly an inspiration and I know you will be a shining example to the other young men and women you will be serving with.