A Green Christmas

Its Christmas time! Awesome, I enjoy it. A time for people to spend time with their family and friends, and also a great time for people to spend all their money!!! Awesome? No. I came across some intense stats recently that said how many families will go into debt this time of the year. Ironic how Americans go in bigger debt and grow more depressed around Christmas time aka the celebration of Christs' birth. Oh well not me. I stumbled across this awesome bible verse the other day. It really caught my attention and reminded me of all the chaos that happens this time of the year. Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have, because God has said,"Never will I leave you; 7 never will I forsake you."
-
Hebrews 13:5-7

It reminded me that Christmas isn't all about getting the coolest best looking most expensive presents. I can definitely get wrapped up in the whole presents idea. I'm a teenager! I hear my friends talking about getting some of the coolest things with and/or having a $600 spending amount. Ridiculous. I wont let money tear me apart from what Christmas is about. That sure sounds like a cliche statement, but its me being genuine. Maybe these blogs are me talking to myself hopefully not, I do enjoy it very much though. Maybe my next one won't be so profound aka "Deep."

Thanks,
Evan

0 comments: