T Minus 8 Months...

its already been two weeks of school and I've already been feeling more pressure than ever on what I am suppose to do after High School. Graduating and getting the heck out of their seems to be the main topic on every one's mind this year and it seems like everyone knows where to go and what to do except your truly....me. I've already been asked by a handful of faculty about what I want to do and where I plan to go post High School. Its really putting a beating on my brain. I have my options but to everything there is the pros and cons.

Now I understand that I have a year to figure out what I want to do, but I have a feeling that time is going to fly...or so I hear.

The question on my mind is: What Am I Passionate About? To answer that I can say that I have no idea. If I knew what I was passionate about, then I would know what I want to do. Its simple!

8 months, and a lot can happen I understand that completely so something can come up that can easily change my feelings towards college or whatever. But until then its time to put things to thought.

Popular advice I've gotten was, "stay kinda local and go to a major secular school. Figure out what you want to do from there." Cool good idea, I'm not paying $15,000+ for a 13Th grade. Here's a really popular one, "Go to Montco!!" No Montco is absolutely last resort. Of course there is always the option to work after high school, but I want/need to extend my education. So working isn't going to be an option for now.

Now the big questions that's really got my attention: Army? There are so many things that get me excited about the Army, and a few things that instill a bit of fear within me. I would absolutely love to get to experience training, and traveling, and being able to use a BA gun or two. Of course the Army can pay for an education which is one of my biggest college issues right now(but not the reason why one should enlist into service.) Also I'd learn so much and I'd be more disciplined more than I EVER could. And if you know me you know I'm the most disciplined guy out there.

Of course there are a few things that worry me. I think being shipped to Iraq for a year would be pretty unfortunate, yet slightly exciting. I usually enjoy sniping groundhogs or other critters that roam around outside my house but they never shoot back. This years election will be a guide as to what I do simply because if McCain gets in office who knows when we'll be out of Iraq, actually who knows who else we'll be in war with at that point. Their is a lot to think about and a lot that's been on my mind.


Of course I am simply not in control of my life, and I am going to sit back, talk to God and see where he wants me. Because ultimately that's what matters the most.

One Love,
Evan

0 comments: