Who Said Senior Year Was Easy?

Hello friends, thanks for checking out my blog. I really appreciate it. As you guys know I am a senior and this year is less about academics, to me it seems more about finding my place. Finding out where God wants me post-HS is not easy, so expect frequently to see posts about whats going on in my life with that. On that note...

My counselor came into my homeroom the other morning and spent the whole period discussing things that I need to get done between now and June in order for us to go to college. My thoughts:

Oh my gosh... Talk about overwhelming. Yuck. My feelings for college are still the same. As each day progresses though the Army idea seems even better. I am at the point where I'm ready to sit down and speak with a recruiter. My good buddy SSGT Chris Rohrer, who actually got deployed last week told me I need to watch out for those sneaky recruiters. Any suggestions about how to deal with them? They are basically buff sales men trying to get me to join, and that's all they really want.
Despite all of that, I'm struggling with hearing God. Its always been tough for me to hear what God wants me to do. For the next 3 semesters I'm going to be praying about this decision intensely, and an issue for me is not speaking to God, its listening. Not helpful when I'm going to make a 360 degree life change.

One Love
Evan

PS: vote smart, they could be my next boss.

5 comments:

Andrew, your friendly Disciple of Christ said...

Dude, i'll keep you in my prayers too.

JORDAN VS HOLLYWOOD said...

scary thought man, think about it really hard before you decide, because that's literally putting your life on the line and while I would support you it would suck if something were to happen, God's talking just don't ignore what he has to say because you don't want to do that -- whatever THAT is.

Evan Flora said...

thanks guys!

Tina said...

Evan,
You know I have the utmost respect for those who serve our country. I am the daughter and granddaughter of career army men, my brother and husband are both in the Air Force.
It can be a very rewarding experience but it can be very tough. Not only the job and what that entails but leaving hour home, family and friends and moving someplace you have no choice in picking. My brother is in Iraq right now and when he returns, he and his family have to move to Korea for 2 years.
Don't believe the recruiters if they tell you you can pick your career field. They put you where they can use you.
Be very careful and really think things through before you decide.

Evan Flora said...

very helpful thankyou so much mrs stenman!!!