Warning: Childrens costumes not meant for big people.

Hey new design! Like it?

This week at riot was our first annual: Halloween costume week. It was a really cool idea. I think everyone had a lot of fun with the idea. While watching the Eagles loose miserably( I'm no longer an Eagles fan) I decided I was going to go to the store and find the lamest Halloween costume for Twenty Bucks.

We got GoldieLocks and the 3 bears...and King James?
Caity, Who is no different...

We've got Fat Josh(Left)
See, It was a lot of fun to see people in costume, but I really wanted one too. So at halftime of the miserable game I went to the Halloween Store. For Twenty Dollars I found the lamest batman costume EVER. Okay, here's the kicker: It was a Kids XL, I know what your thinking, "Evan your 215lbs that wont work out!!"
I thought that too but then i realized... Hey I live in America, there are some pretty big freakin kids. So I figured hey it'll be tight but it'll make the whole costume even funnier!

Wrong! So I put it on, and things did not work out as planned. It turns out that my guns, also known as arms were just too big, same with my legs, torso, hands, feet... Oh boyyyy. So I used almost all my effort to get this sucker on. Things really went down hill when I heard every part of this costume begin to rip. This is when I lost it... I got really angry. Angry at a dumb batman costume for not fitting, angry because I didn't have a costume anymore, and angry because i just flushed some money down the toilet.

Ironically, Prior to this event I got out of a church service that was about!?!?! You guessed it! Anger!
Boy i felt dumb afterwards.... Anger is a perfectly normal God-Given emotion... but oh man I took it to a not so Godly level. All because my fat butt didn't fit a costume and I wasted a few bucks. Dumb. Here's a few things the G man has to say about Angeeeeer.

And “don’t sin by letting anger control you.” Don’t let the sun go down while you are still angry
Ephesians 4:26

But now is the time to get rid of anger, rage, malicious behavior, slander, and dirty language.
Colossians 3:8


for anger gives a foothold to the devil.
Ephesians 4:27

Moral of the story: 1) Dont let your angry take you to a bad place...its not good!
2) If your over 200lbs, dont get a childs size anything!

One Love,
Evan

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for making me laugh buddy! Love the new look!

Andrew, your friendly Disciple of Christ said...

where do you get these layouts from

and, sounds like it would have been a funny thing to watch

Mandy Slater said...

God uses the most random things to teach us stuff :)

Anonymous said...

Halloween is a great excuse to dress up and be silly.