Spring City LOL!!!

Warning: If you live in Spring City and you get offended easily stop reading now! Thanks

This weekend I think I drove through Spring City, Pennsylvania at least 20 times this weekend. And each time I always manage to see something new and interesting.

I think it is very weird that Spring City is only 10 minutes away from Collegville, Pa. Collegeville is your busier than average suburban city but its very nice. Have you ever driven through Spring City? You would never know that Collegeville is 10 minutes down Township Line from Spring City.

There are a few things I'd like to point out about Spring City that make it more unique than cities like Collegeville, Trappe, Limerick, or even parts of Royersford.

1: The White Chair Gang - Despite the time of the day, the weather, or whats going on in the world these dedicated people will almost always be in their white patio chairs on the sidewalk sitting on main street. They are incredibly funny because they are almost always there just sitting there smoking sitting in the white patio chairs, hence the name the White Chair Gang.

2: The people - This one isn't funny but interesting to see how the people can drastically change between Collegeville and Spring City. They are clearly different. Its obviously financially different than Collegeville, and its clearly obvious.

3: Where the Wild Snorlax roams - You may think I am rude but I'll get over it. There is a lady who lives on a road off of 724, near a good friends house. This lady is one of the biggest people I ever saw in my life. This lady just isn't obese this is "I eat too much and do nothing except sit on my couch all day and eat potato chips and cheese curls" Its ridiculous, just another part of Spring City that makes it interesting. You may call me rude but I named her the Wild Snorlax, LOL!

4: Dirty Santa - I was with Ben and Katy the other day and we were of course going through....?!?! You guessed it SC (I'm tired of typing the city name). Any who I saw this fat man, he looked liked a lot like Good ol' Saint Nick...Except dirtier. It was absolutely comical. He is now part of the inside jokes with Spring City.

So whats my point? To bash Spring City? No I've just have been thinking how a city 10 minutes away from another city can have such a significant difference. Its weird. I'm not going to lie, there is a bit of humor that also comes from Spring City, its never a dull drive through there.

1 comments:

Tina said...

Evan, Dave and I always joke about the clear distinction of people from different areas. But there are differences everywhere you go. I'm sure some people might drive thru Collegeville and see a certain young man out shooting squirrels and think they are in the land of "Deliverence" (don't know if you ever saw that movie but if not, you should check it out...makes SC look like NYC)