Run Forest, Run!

What do you do when your upset?

For some its screaming at others, turning their music up all the way, or even hitting things. I can see how they make you feel better. For a minute at least. This week I've discovered something that truly helps me release my emotions and just relax. Its not what most people would expect.

Running

I've hit some unfortunate bumps in the road this week which has caused me to be very upset. And that's all I can say. Last night I sat here at my computer ready to him the hardest object around me. I knew this couldn't happen. I got up and told Adam (brother) that if I don't run I'm gonna loose it. So at 11:00pm we just...ran.

I put my ipod on and turned up my christian play list, bundled up because it was ridiculously 30 degree's and started to run. I've done this before with no motivation or reason. From my driveway to the local McDonald's in 1 mile exactly. I timed it, I ran it in 6 minutes flat. I know what your thinking, its a bit ironic to be running to McDonalds but I don't stop to grab something to bite. So I ran. Ipod on I just didn't stop. Not once did I slow down for ever consider it.
While I was running I was doing a few things;

1: Trying to take in what was happening in my life.
2: Praying
3: Figuring out how God could use me in this situation
4: Just listening to the words of the songs

I never ever ran a 6 minute mile before or even came close. I felt incredible afterwards. 2 miles in 15 minutes. I typically love to run with my brother because If you know my house, being outside of it at night is pretty creepy so I typically only go out there fully armed. Tonight it was different, I finally got over my fear of not knowing whats in the dark. Now let me note real fast that I am not scared of the dark in my house or in any other house. I have such a bad history of going outside my house when I was younger and seeing so many animals and just being terrified. So I'll admit it, I've been freaked out to go out. Not anymore. I was fearless.

So tonight I did it again, except by myself. I felt so good afterwards. I really have nothing to be scared of.

Its incredible to witness God using me at some of the most random buttcrack times ever.
Plus, now would be a good time to start getting into shape.

So if your ever driving through Collegeville after 10pm and you see someone running with a Marines hat on, Its probably me! Oh, and just to clarify thing I prefer running when no one else is out. I'm not sure why but its what I prefer.

As Marley says,
"Lets get together and Feel Alright"
Evan

Ps: This week at Riot, the youth band had a great preformance of a new song called Fearless by Building 429. I listened to it on my Ipod while running. The song and series at church were great motivational tools for me so far this week. So listen, its lyrics are wonderful.

1 comments:

Mandy Slater said...

running is great evan! one time I went on a "night run" with alex though and got lost in the dark. I was afraid and thought I might get kidnapped....eeeek


I'm glad it's helping you bud....6 minutes is impressive!