Blogging Hiatus

So I am going to start this blog off by first saying I am sorry for not really writing more blogs, like perviously promised in my recent blog. Something tells me that people will survive cause i am not even sure how often this blog is viewed, but for those who care I am sorry.

Its been almost my whole summer since I last blogged and I've been really busy, hence my reason for not blogging? Perhaps its that or just lack of motivation. Anyway there is a lot going on in life right now and I figured I would start blogging it up! Since my last blog a lot has happened.

CIY:
CIY was incredible, I saw God do some incredible things! I witnessed some people give their lives to God, who I wouldn't of expected and that always blows me away. It was a great time that our youth group got to spend in Johnson City Tennesee.

STRETCH:
Shortly after CIY our church CCV threw its third year of Stretch! That was an incredible 3 day Confrence that I had the honor to serve in. A little over 200 middle schoolers walked through the church doors. What made Stretch really special for me was having the oppertunity to spend endless hours working the the CCV interns, Adam, Brendon, April, Melissa and my friends for countless hours each day. Weather it was painting, moving heavy stuff, or taking those fun trips to storage I enjoyed each minute of it!

KIDS CAMP:
The week following Stretch I got the oppertunity to help serve in our Valley Kids Ministry and help at our HUGEEE Kids Camp event. It was quite an interesting three days spent with around 950 children.

ESCAPE:
The week following Kids Camp, I was finally able to be part of an event as a student. This amazing trip was the first year that CCV has ever attempted a high school camp. It was a 3 day adventure off campus out in the middle of nowhere, PA aka Quarryville, PA. 15 miles away from Lancaster. This event was CCV planned but put together on a camp ground called Black Rock Retreat. It was a really neat because I did not even realize a place like that was around Lancaster. CCV brought in a speaker named Jeffery Dean and he rocked. Worship was a small acoustic set put together by the talented Laurie Plaza and Alex Stenman. Free time was made up of swimming, capture the flag, man hunt, a 130' ft slide, and most importantly a trampoline on a lake! It was a great time followed by some drama but that does not need to really be mentioned. A trip I must claim to be a huge success!

Friends and my lady:
Through the summer days between the craziness of traveling for conferences and planning events I've spent a lot of this summer hanging out with friends and having a lot of fun. One person I know who has definitely made this summer out of the ordinary is my amazing girlfriend. This summer has been incredible and she has definitely been part of it all. I am really excited about this relationship and I am excited to be experiencing my senior year with her.

So there it is, my summer in a small nutshell. As the "Back to School" commercials slowly begin to roll around, I slowly get excited for my senior year. I cant wait to see where God has me when I am finished. As of now I am still very interested in being part of the Army, but for as for me now, I shall just keep praying about it all. I'm looking forward to blogging for the remainder of the summer and for my senior year.

Lifes Good, Ejoy it, Love it
Evan

0 comments: