Being Unplugged, in a Plugged in World.

Let me ask you this:

Do you have an ipod or some sort of mp3 player?

Do you Have a cell phone?

I'm going to guess that anyone reading this can almost say yes to both questions. Not all, but I'm sure a large percentage can say yes. As for me, If you know me you know that I definitely don't have a cell phone. A lot of the times it takes 5 to 6 phone calls to be made if someone really needs to get ahold of me. Its actually pretty funny how frustrating it can get.

No ipod, no phone. People tell me all the time that I need a cell phone really bad. Sometimes people ask me how I survive without music. I've figured out a few reasons why its perfectly okay to be "unplugged" in a plugged in world.

First of all, one reason I am okay with not being easily contacted is because there is something about being difficult to contact that makes me feel okay about the whole situation. Sometimes I get the image of someone living in the woods, being very secluded and hard to be contacted. Although I am not in a secluded place, that's is often the imagery that I get from not having a cell phone. Also, although texting is tons of fun, and when i steal others cell phones I abuse it, I really do think people abuse it. Myself included. Most people now would rather text instead of talk, which slowly destroys relationships. I'm okay with having a conversation. I'm okay with being hard to contact, but my time will need to come eventually.

Ipods, there cool. I found that people are using ipods in situations when they could be sociable. nothing pisses me off more than when someone has headphones in when they could be social with people. what is wrong with being able to talk to a human? I really do enjoy a good game of solitaire on the ipod though during my two study halls. LOL

Don't get me wrong, im not one of those people that think that technology is killing the world, but I do think they are abused to a certain extent sometimes. Ipods and phones are sweet, and if I could afford them both I would own them. That's not my point. My point is that I am okay with being unplugged unlike most high schoolers. Whatever if you have them, power to you! I am okay without them.

0 comments: